DISTLER’S MAPLE PRETZEL BREAD
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- 3 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup Distler’s Maple pretzels – processed into crumbs
- 1 cup raisins
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cup nuts, chopped
- ¾ cup Distler’s Maple pretzels, chopped
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Instructions: Cream butter and sugar together, and eggs. Add orange juice gradually. Combine remaining ingredients add to egg mixture. Bake in greased loaf pan for one hour at 325 degrees F. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan.
FRUIT PIZZA WITH MAPLE PRETZEL CRUST
- 3 cups finely crushed Distler’s Maple Pretzels
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 ¼ cups cold butter or margarine
- 1 (14 ounce) can of sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 tbs lime zest
- 1 ½ cups whipped topping
- 7 cups assorted fresh fruit, sliced
- ¼ cup apricot jam
Instructions: In a large bowl, mix crushed pretzels and sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into a 9” x 9” brownie pan or small pizza pan.
Bake at 375°F for 10 minutes or until set. Cool at room temperature and then refrigerate for 45 minutes. Meanwhile, combine, milk, lime juice and lime zest. Fold in whipped topping. Spread on cold “pizza”. Top with fruits. Melt apricot jam in small sauce pan until runny. Brush over fruit. Keep refrigerated.
DISTLER’S MAPLE PRETZEL MUFFINS WITH MAPLE PRETZEL STRUSEL
- 1 ¾ cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbs sugar
- 1 cup milk
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 tbs melted butter or shortening
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup coarsely chopped Distler’s Maple Pretzels
- 1 cup Distler’s Maple Pretzels, coarsely crushed
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tbs butter
- 4 tbs sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
Instructions: Muffins: Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a muffin tin with paper muffin cups. Sift all dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. In a small bowl, stir egg, milk and melted butter. Add egg mixture to dry ingredients and stir only until ingredients are combined. Stir in pretzel pieces. Batter will be lumpy. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. Combine streusel ingredients in small bowl. Evenly distribute topping over muffins. Bake for about 25 minutes.
DISTLER’S MAPLE PRETZEL CRUMB TOPPED CHEESECAKE BARS
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 ½ cups Distler’s Maple Pretzel crumb
- ¾ cup butter
- (2) 8 oz. packages of cream cheese, softened
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Cup Sugar
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- 3 tsp Vanilla
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 Cup Flour
- ¾ Cup Butter, softened
- ¾ cup Oats (can use either minute or regular rolled)
- ½ cup Distler’s Maple Pretzel crumbs, crushed to crumbs (use food processor or toss in bag and smash with rolling pin - should be consistency of crumbs)
- ½ cup Distler’s Maple Pretzels – coarsely chopped
- Optional: Vermont Maple Syrup
Instructions: For the Crust: mix sugar, pretzel crumbs and butter. Press into a 9×13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
For the cheesecake filling: Beat the 2 packages of cream cheese till creamy. Then add eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla and beat on high for 2.5 minutes, scraping sides to make sure it is nice and smooth. Then add 2 cups sour cream. Mix well. Pour over cooled crust.
For the topping: Add all dry ingredients (except for coarsely chopped Maple pretzels) and mix until well combined. Then add softened butter and use a knife or your hands to cut it into the dry ingredients until you have pea sized crumbles. Stir in coarsely chopped Maple pretzels. Sprinkle on top of cheesecake filling. Bake uncovered for 40-45 minutes. Drizzle with Vermont maple syrup if you like.
CHEDDAR CHEESE, DISTLER'S PRETZEL, BEER & BEEF HAMBURGERS
- ½ cup beer
- ½ cup of your favorite Distler’s Pretzels (finely crushed)
- 3 tbsps onions (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- Salt to taste
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 4 slices Vermont cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
Instructions: Mix beer, pretzels, onion, garlic, and salt together and let sit a couple minutes. Mix into the ground beef. You’ll want to mix until the ingredients are evenly distributed, but be careful not to overwork the ground beef. Make into 4 very large or 6 medium patties. Grill the burgers till done, about 10-15 minutes, turning once. Just before taking off the grill, place cheese on burgers and let melt. Remove from grill and place on buns. Serve with beer and more Distler’s Pretzels.
DISTLER’S PRETZEL SCHNITZEL (BREADED PORK)
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3 oz DISTLER’S Ranch, Spicy, X-Tra Spicy for Fiery pretzels, crushed to crumbs
- Cooking spray
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb pork roast (can use tenderloin to trim calories, etc), cut into five pieces and pounded thin (approx 4 x 6)
Instructions: Pour milk into shallow pan. Beat egg and put in second pan. Put pretzel crumbs in third pan. Spray large skillet and add oil, swirling. Heat over medium high heat. Dip one piece of pork into milk, letting excess drip off. Dip into egg, letting excess drip off. Dip in pretzel crumbs, coating both sides. Repeat with remaining pieces. Place in single layer in heated skillet and cook about 2-3 minutes per side (until pork is no longer pink and coating is crisp). Place in warm oven to complete rest of pieces. Serving Size: Makes 5 servings
DISTLER’S “KICKED UP” CHICKEN FINGERS
- 1 egg
- 1 T. water
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves cut into strips ½ x 3 inches
- 2 cups of your favorite Distler’s pretzels, crushed into crumbs
Instructions: In a small bowl beat egg and water until well combined. Dip chicken strips in egg wash then into the crushed pretzel crumbs. Place coated strips on baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray until all are finished. Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes or till golden brown and crisp.
DISTLER’S PRETZEL CRAB CAKES
- 1 c. finely crushed Distler’s Pretzels (use your favorite flavor)
- 1 t. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 t. dry mustard
- 1 lb. crabmeat
- 1 large egg
- ½ t. salt
- ½ c. all purpose flour
- ⅓ c. mayonnaise
- ¼ t. pepper
Instructions: Remove all shells from crab meat. In a bowl, mix pretzel crumbs, egg, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard, flour, salt and pepper. Add crabmeat. Gently but thoroughly mix. Shape into 6 crab cakes. Cook crab cakes in frying pan, - in just enough oil to prevent sticking - until browned, about 5 minutes on each side. Crab cakes may be deep fried at 350 for 2 to 3 minutes or over broiled for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
DISTLER’S PRETZELS “KICKED” UP TACO SALAD
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 taco seasoning pkg.
- 1 10oz. can of tomatoes and green chilies
- ½ lb. Velveeta cheese
- ½ head lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 ½ cups of your favorite Distler’s Pretzels – Ranch, Spicy, X-tra Spicy or Fiery optional garnishes: sliced black olives, sliced green onions, chopped red, yellow, green peppers, and sour cream.
Instructions: Brown beef and drain fat. Add taco seasoning and cook according to package directions. Cut cheese into chunks, add tomatoes and chilies; heat in saucepan or microwave until cheese melts, stirring until completely blended. In a large bowl, layer lettuce, tomatoes, beef, and pretzels. Pour cheese mixture over all. Serve immediately.
DISTLER’S PRETZEL-CRUSTED MASHED POTATO PANCAKES
- 3 pounds russet or Yukon gold potatoes, washed and quartered
- ¼ cup Extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup finely chopped chives
- ¼ cup prepared horseradish
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups half & half or light cream
- 2 cups of your favorite Distler’s Pretzels – finely crushed
- ½ unseasoned bread crumbs
- Sour cream
Instructions: Preheat oven 350 F. Place potatoes in a pot and fill with cold water. Boil potatoes until fork-tender. Drain and cool. Drizzle olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. In a large mixing bowl, mash potatoes, mustard, chives, horseradish, sour cream, pepper, salt and flour. Mix well. Divide potato mixture into 12 equal portions and form into cakes. In a small mixing bowl, beat eggs, and half and half. Mix well. In another small mixing bowl, combine pretzels and breadcrumbs. Dip each cake in egg mixture and coat in pretzel mixture. Saute cakes for about 4 minutes, turn cakes over, and place skillet in oven for about 15 minutes. Serve with more sour cream.
“KICKED UP” DISTLER’S PRETZEL TOPPED MACARONI & CHEESE
- 1 lb. elbow macaroni
- 2 T. butter
- 2 T. flour
- 2 Cups milk
- pinch black pepper
- pinch nutmeg
- 2 Cups grated Cheddar cheese
- 1 Cup Distler’s Ranch, Spicy, X-tra Spicy or Fiery Pretzels, crushed
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 Cup chopped ham
Instructions: Cook macaroni until done, yet still firm. Melt butter and add flour. Stir. Add milk and stir until thickened. Add cheese slowly and stir until melted. Saute ham, bell pepper and onion. Add to cheese. Fold cheese mixture into macaroni and top with crushed pretzels. Sprinkle with pepper and nutmeg. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Contact us with any additional recipes you would love to share!